Breathing problem
Doctor prescribed me MONTEK LC. I wanna know is this asthama. I do feel breathing problem when exposed to dust or smoke. Even if, I am not exposed to these, then also I need this medicine. Kindly recommend.

Dr. Shilpa Nayak
Allergist/Immunologist 12 yrs exp Mumbai

Yes.... Asthma management has two components 1.rescuer therapy- is advised when you are suffering from acute asthmatic attack. 2.preventer therapy- is prescribed to reduce the frequency and severity of these attacks. So ideally if your are a known asthmatic (PFT and allergy test positive) It's better to start with inhaled steroid on daily basis. For more information about asthma and it's treatment please visit my website www.asthmaallergyclinic.in/adult asthma