chest-icon

Breathing.

Im having shortness of breath and tighness in my chest. Its not to serious but its been happening for a while now. It hurts when I breath to deeply to. Ive been a smoker for 3 years. Please help?

Hello There. I can understand your concern. you might have developed bronchitis due to your smoking habit. all you can do is quit smoking and things will get fine on its own. as suggested my other colleague , take steam inhalation thrice a day for seven days and it it still persists, kindly consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Gyaneshwar
General Physician 41 yrs exp Delhi
Much useful information has been given, from which it is clear you have to quit smoking for ever else things may worsen & it may become COPD, a condition some what like asthma but not the same. Please also check from a physician the cause of tightness in chest & breathlessness may not be due to incidental bronchospasm as in asthma. Steam inhalation may help.
Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 37 yrs exp Ahmedabad
1st thing 1st, u must stop smoking.I hope there is no tension or anxiety in yr day to day work schedule n yr sleep pattern is regular n getting good sound sleep.When it keeps hurting all the time while u breath, then u better consult yr Dr.
Dr. Anirudh Agrawal
General Physician 26 yrs exp Delhi
Could be bronchitis due to smoking. Try reducing your smoking and do some steam inhalation.  That may help. Else visit a doctor and get examined.