Breastfeeding problem
My nipples are inverted.My newborn was not able to latch. I used nipple shield on doctor's suggestion.But slowly stopped using it. My baby is 1 half month old. He latches with great difficulty that also after i manually place my nipplein his mouth and i feel pain near nipples and aerola when he sucks. My baby is 2.9kgs at birth. He is now 3.4 kgs after 1.5 months. Is my baby weight gain is fine?How should i deal with latching problem?

Hi Mam. Your  baby's  weight is very much low. Babies gain around 30 gm per day in the initial 3 months. So the weight should have been around 4.5 kgs. Proper breast feeding technique is a must to avoid pain while feeding.  He must be sucking at the nipple which causes this problem. Nipple does not play much role in feeding. While latching at the breast most of the areola should be inside his mouth. Can use nipple shield temporarily until pain subsides.
Pls see the you tube link below for Deep latch technique and also a method to evert nipple. Also see nearby Pediatrician or Lactation consultant right away to get more information.