BreastFeeding
How often new born should feed when she cry or only after some interval.? My baby want feed every hour?? Should I follow her signs or to wait and let her cry.

Dr. Sreenath S Manikanti
Pediatrician 22 yrs exp Bangalore

Follow breast feeding on demand. In a well term baby no nèed to wake the baby up from sleeping to give feeds. If demanding very frequently, just get checked by a lactation consultant to make sure baby is getting enough milk. Gradually increase the time interval to 3-4 hrs.
Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh
Pediatrician 34 yrs exp Lucknow

In the initial weeks it should be on demand. Later the gap can be increased to 1.5 to 2 hours. If baby passes urine 6 times a day, then she is getting sufficient feed.