Breastfeeding and fasting
Can I fast on karvachauth as I am breastfeeding my 3 months old daughter? Please reply as soon as possible.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Yes, you surely can. One day fast wont be a problem. Do not worry. But when ever you have, have a high protein and a nutritious diet.  The breast milk will come irrespective of whether you eat or not. And as my colleague said. There wont be any problem with the quality of milk also. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Sushant Gupta
General Physician 2 yrs exp Delhi

Yes you can for sure do your fast during breast feeding. Fast doesnt affect the quality and quantity of milk production, as it will be one day fast for you. Human body adapts easily during fast and for sure there will be no adverse effect in baby. But if you start feeling weak, or any conditions which is affecting you then u may have to break the fast for your health. All over the conslusion is go for a fast and still you can breastfeed. But keep your health in the view too. Regards Dr. Sushant
Dr. Prashant Kini
General Endocrinologist 11 yrs exp Mumbai
preferable not to fast