Breast feeding for baby

Hello Doctor, My wife delivered a baby boy 3 days ago and she's not yet started getting breast milk. Doctor suggested lactodex lbw to be fed to baby till the feeding is established. But the baby is getting frequent motion whenever it is fed to him. Just want to know if cow/buffalo milk can be used as a substitute till the mother is fit to feed. Also please clarify when can the mother start getting the milk.

Doctor Answers (1) on Breast feeding for baby

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello There. I can understand your concern. Actually nothing apart from mother's milk is to be used to feed the child. cow's milk is for its calf not for human babies. in special cases as your wife's, artificial feeding preparations are to be used till breast feeding can be commenced. don't worry about the motion, its normal. kindly consult a paediatrician in person for further information. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain