cancer-icon
Breast cancer
Hi I have been taking tamoxifen 20mg from last 5 years should I continue taking this medicine or should I stop

If you have no issues so far...u can continue taking  T.Tamoxifen for another 5 years according to latest data.Please make sure u don't  refrain from going for followup Thankyou, Dr Siddharth S MNJIO &RCC Hyderabad
Followup visit
Tamoxifen can cause loss of bone density hot flushes ..bone mineral density should be looked out if bone symptoms are there
There is evidence to continue beyond Ask you oncologist
New guidelines say you should take for 10 years.
Also have you been considered for chemical or surgical oopherectomy