Brain tumor or infection

Hello , my dad was diabetic from past 9 months .. 3 days before he was very tired and was sweating too much and had lot of headache he was not able to control the pain... So immediately within an hour I tuk him to the hospital there after tests his sugar was 596 it was to high and about headache they told us we need to take some scans like mri brain, ct scan usg, some more scannings there in scanning in his pituitary gland there is something like tumor or bleeding has happening... In reports it was pituitary macroadenoma... And he is not able to open his left eye ... And doctors told us they need to biopsy so that we can find out exactly what is ??? I need some suggestions please

Doctor Answers (2) on Brain tumor or infection

From what you have written, I think this is not just macro adenoma, but that macro adenoma has undergone a bleeding too Surgery may be needed He also needs a Hormonal study and hospital stay till his hormones are normal Wishes for him to get well soon
Dr. Chandan Mohanty Mumbai | Neurosurgeon
Hello. Sorry to hear this. It seems to me from your query that your father had a pituitary macroadenoma with apoplexy. This means he has a benign non cancerous tumor of his pituitary gland which has bled. He probably also has 3rd nerve paresis which is causing him difficulty in opening his left eye. He should get a hormonal study done since pituitary gland is the master endocrine gland of the body. The usual treatment of pituitary apoplexy is surgery through an endoscope to remove the blood clot and the tumor completely. Please let me know if you any other queries. Wishing him a speedy recovery.