Brain tumor
Hello. I have attached my father's (aged 55) MRI scan report. The doctor has advised to go for a surgery as it is brain tumor. Any neurosurgeon please review the report and say if the surgery is required in this case. The doctor has advised to get admitted by Monday so that it can b cured as soon as possible.

Dr. M. Kodeeswaran
Neurosurgeon 17 yrs exp Chennai

Your father has a mass lesion at the level of brain stem and it may lt may lead to obstruction of fluid flow in the brain and will cause fluid accumulation called hydrocephalus ..so it may need a diversion procedure called shunt..as such the location of the tumour is critical, complete removal is not possible..sometimes biopsy can be done and based upon the report he may require radiotherapy..