Braces treatment

Irregular arrangement of teeth and facial symmetry...my smile is deviated and have severe overbite...can braces alone treat my condition or I will need any other treatment also

Doctor Answers (5) on Braces treatment

Dear friend, I assume this would be your second opinion as you have done most of diagnostics. Pl get yourself checked by a good orthodontist in Kolkata. X-ray along with clinical examination and study models would give the exact line of treatment. For facial asymmetry.. Surgeries can be done. You could get the list of orthodontist from Indian orthodontic society' website.
Dr. Kunal R Shah Nashik | Orthodontist
Hi.. Slight asymmetry is there on right side. Overbite can be corrected with braces alone but jaw bone asymmetry needs other treatment. So depending on your clinical and extraoral findings Orthodontist can guide you the best. Thank you.
Hi..Only braces would work. However for best results accompanied surgery is always possible in future. You first undergo braces and then see the final result . If you are OK with your teeth alignment, smile and jaw profile then no surgery required. If you want more then surgery has to be preformed later. Regards
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
There are two problems you posted one is irregular arrangement of teeth which would eventually require braces, the second you mention is facial assymetry that is attributed to facial skeleton ie cheek bones, the upper and lower jaw. What draws the eye to the asymmetry the most is lower jaw specifically the mandibular angle. Your X ray AP view I presume is not very clear shows mild deficiency on the right side. But a clearer x-ray and your face photo with eyes covered or masked can give a better clinical judgement and a well informed opnion.
Dentist
Usually braces can treat the case,but final decision will be taken by an orthodontist only.Since your age is above 18 so might be some adjuvent treatment modalities may be required.