Bow legs problem

Hi Dr. I hv around 3 to 4 inches gap between my legs. It may be genu varum. I feel very embarrassing so plz suggest how to be it straight and shape. Please suggest any medicines or exercise so that it be straight. Thank u !

Renjitha Itterah
Physiotherapist 13 yrs exp Ernakulam
Bow legs or Genu varum can be congenital ( right from birth) or acquired due to other causes due to wear and tear of meniscus, the soft tissue which acts as a shock absorber. Biomechanical braces are of great use to manage genu varum conservatively by a physiotherapist without surgical intervention along with exercises. The innermost muscle (vastus medialis) of the quadriceps group ( thigh Muscle) will also have to be strengthened. Usually nine to eighteen months use of the same is required. If the joint structure is with congenitally low inner joint space ( medical term -medial space) then bio-mechanical braces are of little help. Consult a physiotherapist in orthopedic and sports speciality for professional management.