Bone crack below knee are

My father met with an accident on 22nd apirl He got a major crack in his bone in the below knee part with major loss of skin and half part got damaged. He is an 56 years old and have a high sugar as well weight is around 101 kg. Plastic surgery is done to recover the damage of the skin loss But doctors havent fix the bone yet..doc saying we will first cure the outer damage after that only bone will be fixed by putting a plate over dere Please suggest me Is doc going through the right treatment or not? I m very much worrried for my father A lil help or suggestion would b very helpful

Doctor Answers (1) on Bone crack below knee are

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we undertsand your concern towards your father and your feeling too. Since you have told us that your father met with an accident and we are sorry for that firstly. Then you also told us that he is diabetic and over weight. Since in diabetic pateints the wound healinhg capacity will be too low so they want the current wound ti be clean heal faster so that they may proceed with internal fixation of the plate. That might their plan of treatment. For more information contact your doctor. Thank you