Boils on the face

I am getting pimple like boils on the face at various places. When I squeeze nothing comes out as in the case of pimples but pains a lot. It takes a week or so to subside automatically leaving a mark on the skin. What is causing this. Pl suggest

Doctor Answers (1) on Boils on the face

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
You can sometimes care for a boil at home.
Do not squeeze, scratch, drain, or open the boil. Squeezing can push the infection deeper into the skin.
Gently wash the area with soap and water twice a day. Dry it well.
Put warm, wet cloths on the boil for 20 to 30 minutes, 3 or 4 times a day. Do this as soon as you notice a boil. The heat and moisture can help the boil to open and drain, but it may take 5 to 7 days. A warm compress or waterproof heating pad placed over a damp towel may also help.
Keep using heat for 3 days after the boil opens. Put a bandage on it so the drainage does not spread. Change the bandage every day.
If the boil is draining on its own, let it drain. Keep cleaning it twice a day with soap and water.
To help keep the infection from spreading, do not share towels and washcloths with other people...if no improvements consult nearest doctors they will help you with antibiotics..