Boils on legs
I always get boils on my legs. They are recurring now then.. It generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. It is happening from last one year. Also consulted some physician and took antibiotics for the same ... Thanks

Dr. Rashmi Soni Lohiya
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hi, From your history it sounds like you have recurrent hair follicle infection. Sometimes bacteria set up house on our skin causing recurrent infection. Also check for underlying illnesses like diabetes, nutritional status. Washing of hands with soap before touching your skin after a long day of work etc goes a long way in preventing infections. Consult a dermatologist for appropriate long term treatment with elimination of bacteria will help Dr Rashmi Soni Lohiya DDV, DNB