Boils on hip
Few days before i got a pimple on my hips which later became very severe and currently it is round and red with a fluid on top which bursted last night and there was a bit of blood . And i am facing severe pain after looking over i found that it may be a what should i do now should i consult a doctor or put some cream and leave it ?? * Should i apply Mupirocin ointment I.P 2% on the boil , which was given by local clinic shop.
101 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello there...I can understand your concern. If there's no pus discharge now, then you can apply mupirocin cream and take tablet tolpa d(anti inflammatory and analgesic). However if there's still pus discharge or pain doesn't subside in two days, then consult a general surgeon for further evaluation. You might need oral antibiotics.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.