Boil in buttocks

I am having a boil in my right buttocks. Its causing a svere pain and thus leading to fever sometime. The whole area around has turned reddish an has some inflammation. What should i do..?
views-icons 98 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Boil in buttocks

doctor profile image
Thanks for the query. Based on your description it looks like a superficial bacterial infection usually caused by staphylococcus aureus. Kindly consult a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and a precise treatment plan. Its also important to prevent their relapse once you have got it cured. A decolonization regimen suggested by your doctor will help
Next Steps
Meet a Dermatologist. If needed get a pus culture sensitivity done.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?