Blood while blowing nose
For the last 3-4 days, whenever I blow my nose, especially in the morning after waking up, I find some blood in the mucous. Initially its dry blood coagulated in the mucous but if I continue blowing my nose, fresh blood comes out. What can be the possible reason? Should I consult a doctor immediately? Can it be a cause for serious concern?

Dr. Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician 3 yrs exp Mandya
Hello sir,,, blood vessels in anterior part of nose are very fragile,, they can damage easily and bleed by blowing nose or even forceful sneezing, it's called epistaxis. Don't worry for this consult a ENT specialist for this. And take some vitamin c, containing fruits (citrus fruits), which makes blood vessels stronger