Blood thick

Does the blood thickens on old age. If so how to get diagnised..............................................

Hello there...., to get diagnosed for increased in the viscosity of the blood, complete hemogram of the person is required... Along with that,... Other tests may be necessary to reach a diagnosis. These may include: urine routine, urine sugar and protein....blood sugar levels...blood urea nitrogen,,,...serum creatinine....arterial blood gas analysis... Complications that usually occurs due to thick blood are heart attack and heart failure, stroke, renal failure, thromboembolisms....
Harisha N L

Hello sir I understand your concern and I appreciate that...it is true that blood viscosity increases in old age and predispose to condition like stroke,thrombosis, DVT etc due to stagnation of blood...When blood stagnation occurs, the body’s internal organs don’t receive their normal nutrients, and waste products aren’t carried away at a sufficient rate. This impedes the organs from performing their functions, resulting in weakness and aging...Consult nearest physician they will do the needful.