Blood pressure

My father suffered from slight BP issue a couple of days ago and again on the second day. He is doing fine after consulting few doctors and taking some medications, however, he seems to be troubled from this trauma and first time ever, he didn’t had a sleep the whole night. I think he's not able to outthink this and feeling insecure about it which seems to be the main problem. Please help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood pressure

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Losing one's health unexpectedly to a chronic medical illness like hypertension can sometimes deeply affect the psychological health of an individual. He needs to be counseled about the illness, prognosis and non medical management of same by his physician or a psychiatrist, which will help instil hope and accept the same. Howsoever also be aware that Sometimes the sleeplessness may also be due to antihypertensive drugs. So if it persists, you may also need to talk to your physician about this. Also ensure that it was a simple BP issue and not some minor cardiac event, because that would explain his current status of trauma and symptoms you described, much better.