cardiologist-icon
Blood pressure
My blood pressure from few days is around 145/95..i feel heavy headed..and weakness. One time it goes 150/100... Doctor prescribed me Met xl 12.5 tablet.. Doctor said take it for 15 days then we decide whether to continue or not. Is bp medicine medicine continued for life time or we can stop it by life style modification.. Kindly advice..is it too early to take medicine for blood pressure..my age is 38 and weight 64 kg. Kindly suggest..

Hello, Its not too early to start BP medicines.  High BP is a hereditary problem. Unhealthy lifestyle is just a precipitating factor. If your BP is constantly high then you will need BP medicines ultimately for lifetime. Whether or not it can be managed temporarily on lifestyle changes depends upon your current weight, physical activity,  eating habits etc. Consult online directly for further advice. Keep your focus on keeping your BP in control and not on stopping medicines Take care.  Stay safe.  Have a great day