cardiologist-icon
Blood pressure
Can I take BP medicine after dinner or before going to sleep? I am currently taking Telpres MT 50mg everyday.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

The best time to take hypertension medicine is in the morning Evening doses are usually added if BP remains high in the evening hours after the morning doses This can vary from patient to patient What happens is in the night para sympathetic tone predominates and during the day hours sympathetic tone predominates You should take it in the morning at a fixed time Hypertension medicines can also be taken empty stomach and have no relation with meals Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician and Clinical Cardiologist

Hello..... You can take hypertensive medicine at bed time.. Usually there should be time gap of two to three hours between dinner and sleep.. You can take at any time in this period.. Take tablet before going to bed... Restrict salt intake ,avoid crispy times like chips, etc.. Regularly check your blood pressure....