Blood patch in eye
Currently I am having a red blood patch in the white portion of my left eye, which makes me bit scared, although not having any irritations. I am not sure of the possible reason as it came all of a sudden. Is this a issue of concern? However would like to know the root cause for this, to have the awareness.

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Visakhapatnam

Hello It looks like sub conjunctival hemorrhage There is no treatment required It will resolve on its own in 2-3 week time
Dr. Shubha N
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Mysore

Good morning,thank you for posting the image. please do not worry. By the history and your picture it is probably subconjunctival hemorrhage, a small bleeding in the eye.. It may be due to small trauma unknowingly happened .eg,by nail or can occur spontaneously too. High blood pressure is sometimes associated with it. It will reduce on its own in few weeks time. You can take vitamin c tablets one a day for 2 weeks and also a prophylactic antibiotic eye drops like ofloxacin eye drops three times a day, for a week.. Hope this helps.