Blood in stools

I found blood in my stools, 3 days after my periods ended. What could be the reason? There was no pain or any other problem, just blood.

Hello there. I can understand your concern. I would like to know whether it was blood streaked stools or frank blood in your stools. Most common causes include anal fissures, hemorrhoids. Have a high fiber diet and drink lots of water. Have one bowl of curd after food everyday. If it still persists, consult a general surgeon in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Pallavi Mehta
General Physician 6 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello Dear,. The commonest reason behind blood in the stools is piles and fissures. If however both of these are ruled out, you can wait and see if the blood has stopped. If the bleeding recurs, you must meet a gastroenterologist to find out the reason behind the bleed.