Blood in stool

I am facing incomplete stool evacuation issue since 3 years. I need to visit toilet several times in a day. And the time required for defecation is more than normal. Recently I noticed blood in stool. I visited gastroenterologist and underwent colonoscopy. Dr. said everything seems normal. From the day after the colonoscopy I am having mild pain in my lower right abdomen and stomach. It's kind of a discomfort. And noticed mucus with blood after defecation today. I contacted the Dr. and he said not to worry as its just local bleeding. But I am kind of tensed. Please help.
views-icons 27 Views 3 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Blood in stool

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Bleeding may be due to fissures secondary to constipation...Add fiber to your diet. Eating about 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day can help keep stools soft and improve fissure healing. Fiber-rich foods include fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole grains. You also can take a fiber supplement. Adding fiber may cause gas and bloating, so increase your intake gradually. Drink adequate fluids. Fluids help prevent constipation. Exercise regularly. Engage in 30 minutes or more of moderate physical activity, such as walking, most days of the week...Sitz baths after bowel movements and as needed provide significant symptomatic relief because they relieve some of the painful internal sphincter muscle spasm...Consult nearest surgeon they will do the needful.