Mucus in stool
Hi doctors , i am having mucus in my stool from last 6 months. And now a days it is being excess . Sometimes it is normal i.e it disappears and ao.etimes it is exccess. As well as i have pain in stomach always . What should i do ? I have done a blood test but they are normal ...suggest me plz !

Dr. Harisha N L

A small amount of mucus in stool is usually nothing to worry about. Stool normally contains a small amount of mucus....Larger amounts of mucus in stool, associated with diarrhea, may be caused by certain intestinal infections. Bloody mucus in stool, or mucus accompanied by abdominal pain, can represent more serious conditions — Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis and even cancer....consult nearest gastroenterologist they will help you regards