Bleeding from nose

My 6years old kid getting bleeding suddenly from nose while sleeping , playing and it's stops after few minutes .When we visited dr. He said its common for kids .. Just worried , If anyone able advise me on this would be great help . Thanking you .

Doctor Answers (1) on Bleeding from nose

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
We have had a very harsh summer this time around. This causes crusting in nose prompting us to pluck them out of our nostrils. This introduces germs into the nose causing the weakening and inflammation of the nasal mucosa. In this situation, even a slight tap over nose or scratch by a fingernail causes bleeding! If this happens to your child, do not panic... Just ask him to bend forwards and use ice packs to soothe the nose.... This alone stops the bleeds! Then use the Practo app to find a good ENT Specialist near you who will treat the inflammation in nose.