Bleed @belly 2weeks baby

My daughter is 2weeks old. She is getting 1-2 drops bleeding at belly button. Cord has fallen on 6 th day wen she was in NICU for one day due to yellow jaundice.. otherwise my baby was fine..now Paediatrician hav given her Vitamin-k injection saying it happens due to vitamin-k deficiency. 3days after giving injection to my 15 days old baby again I could notice few spots of blood to its dress. Why is this happening? Wats the reason for this.. is it anything to be worried? Wat r the solutions? Is there any ointment to be applied to belly button. Am really worried.

Doctor Answers (3) on Bleed @belly 2weeks baby

Dr. Rahul Yadav Gurgaon | Pediatrician
Advice you you just keep the local area dry and clean. If persistent discharge with granuloma, can plan for chemical cautery. Do consult paediatrician first. Also evaluation for bleeding disorders if bleed persists.
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Patna | Pediatrician
Need not to worry. Clean with betadine lotion. Keep it dry. Wait & watch for some time. If persist needs evaluation and chemical cautery, antibiotics if needed
Hi , thanks for writing to Practo consult.
Since baby has already received Vit K I would investigate this baby for any underlying problem.