Black spotting

I'd been having the daily contraceptive pills regularly for a month now and on the 27th day of the pill I started getting black colour spotting. It's continuing for 3 days now. I cannot say it looks like my monthly periods as the colour is different. I've planned to wait for some more days to see if there's anything abnormal or if I don't get my normal periods. Is the black spotting normal? Should I continue the daily contraceptive pill?

Doctor Answers (2) on Black spotting

Dr. Mamta Pattnayak Gurgaon | Gynecologist
Hi. Contracepive pills you have to take one pack in one month. If you started another pack then stop it. Otherwise after 21 days the pills you r taking are iron pills, the brown discharge is normal periods.
As you get your proper period, restart the medicine on 2nd day of periods.
Daily pills packet contains 21 days of hormonal pills and 7 days of iron pills , this brownish spotting is actually your periods, you continue with the packet as advised by your doctor