Black layer of skin

Off lately I have noticed change in color texture in my groin area. Its getting darker as days pass by also my bum has also become darker and I feel very awkward while swimming so can I get rid of that patch. I also have a lot of hair growing on my bum which i hate is there a permanent hair removal solution for it..

Doctor Answers (1) on Black layer of skin

Thank you for your question.
There are two parts to your question.
First is about change in skin colour. You do not mention any additional symptoms like itching or burning or discomfort with heat or cold. Sometimes skim changes can be due to local infections whilst others can be part of a wide systemic problem. A skin specialist can help. Skin lesions need to be seen to be treated effectively. Over the counter remedies may not work.
The second question is about excess hair. Laser is very effective at permanently reducing hair on various parts of the body. Again a skin specialist with facilities to use laser will be ideal.
best wishes