Black dots on ankle
Hello Dr,I have many black dots on side of my ankle from 2-3 years,I've consulted many doctors but didn't get proper treatment. Please suggest me what's the reason behind it

Dr. Rasya Dixit

Hi This looks like a condition called pigmented purpuric dermatosis. This condition may be because of long hours standing or because of varicose veins. It is only a cosmetic problem and is usually unrelated to any other medical issues. However do get tested for varicose veins. Using a compression stocking may prevent further increase. However the existing pigmentation may not get better.