Black dot in vision

I see black dot whenever see, in my left eye. I have been wearing specs for 6 years. The vision power in the left eye gradually decreasing. I could feel it.When i focused on seeing an object, the right eye lies with the object and left eye ball slightly moves other side of the object(the people told me this) . I don't know how its been called.I doubt this might be a reason for the appearance of black dot. I have this problem for about 5 years. I have diagnosed for it before 2 years the doctors told its possible to cure it through eye exercises and later they told that i should under go an operation. But i didn't go for an operation. Now i fear that i might loss my vision power. Suggest me what i should do??

Doctor Answers (2) on Black dot in vision

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello 1. Dont panic 2. U have intermittent exotropia... n u need surgery for tgat 3. Regarding black dot moving in front of eye ...again font worry...this is floater....just ignore it
Dr. Vishal S. Kakhandki Bangalore | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
I think u r cing a floater which moves as u move ur eye....its common in people having minus power.have to evaluate ur retina by dilating drops and check thoroughly for any retinal problems.also u may have squinting due to high power in left eye.all these things need a complete evaluation....vikhyath eye retina centre Babusapalya kalyan nagar Bangalore thank you