Black area near the eyes

Hi, I have developed some black area below and besides both eyes since 3-4 years. There is some swelling below the left eye as well. If I apply after shave lotion on the swelling it gives a little burning effect. I have been detected with sugar 3-4 months back. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (2) on Black area near the eyes

Dr. Laxman G. Jonwal Mumbai | Consultant Physician
Hello There,
Probable causes for Swelling and darkness - pigmentation around eye maybe:-
1) Sunburn
2) Toxins accumulation
3) Allergy
4) High BP
5) Diabetes
6) Aggravated Vat Dosha and Kaph Dosha
7) Anaemia
*Correct diagnosis and accordingly proper treatment is needed.
*Consult Privately online-Telephone-Video OR Visit personally for proper management.
*Dr Jonwals NAP Therapy Medicines treatment is ultimate solution for Chronic Diseases.
*Dr Jonwals NAP Therapy Medicines treatment treats Disease along with its root causes simultaneously and successfully.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..
Well the blackening on the side of either of the eyes may be melanin deposition...I suggest you to Consult dermatologist for it..and for the swelling of lower eye lid I want to know if you have any co morbid conditions and also the creatinine levels .thank you