Bitten by can at 12
Dear doctor , I had been bitten by a cat when I was just 12 year old. But hasn't told the incident to my parents and had not taken any vaccine . now I am afraid can I get rabies.? Should I take rabies vaccine now ?

Hello There. I Can understand your concern, you need not worry. its not necessary that the cat is having rabies and also, you had been bitten by the cat when you were 12 and now you have stated that your present age is 30, don't you think that its a irrelevant question to ask since 18years have passed. what made you think of such a thing after such a long time? even if you are suffering from some symptoms, i'm sure its not rabies. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar Jain
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
General Physician 13 yrs exp Delhi

The chance of you getting a rabies is negligible if you haven't gotten till now. Still it's advisable to get anti rabies vaccine when bitten by dog,cat,monkey and even rats. The chance maybe be negligible but never take even that risk. Go for it
Dr. Anil B Sheth
General Physician 38 yrs exp Ahmedabad
U r now 30 yrs old n bitten by a cat at age of 12 yrs, u may not require anti rabies vaccine for cat bite that u had before 18yrs