Birth Control Question

I am getting married on April 22 and going for honeymoon in the first week of May. My would-be wife has her period on the 7th of each month usually. We have decided on birth control pill as the contraception method and we want to know when to start taking it so that she does not get any periods on her wedding night, or during her honeymoon. Should she start taking it on 7th April and continue the pink pills until mid-May without taking the white placebo pills in between? Is that the right approach? Or should she start them after 22nd April? (In that case, I guess I will have to use a condom for a week or so, I suppose). Please advise on the right course of action here. Also, suggest the name of the best birth control pill brand in INDIA according to you, which is light and has least side-effects. Note: My would-be wife is 31 yrs old, fit and healthy woman and has no underlying medical conditions.

Doctor Answers (1) on Birth Control Question

Dr. Geetu Bhatia Delhi | Gynecologist
Start taking pills from 7 april and continue without taking placebo pills till you don't want periods. Novelon or familion are the trade names and they do not have placebo pills... So start the next pack immediately after finishing first