Behaviour of my husband

My husband and I have regular fight over my son upbringing. He is 7 years old in class 2nd and daughter of 2 years old. I get very possessive for my son studies and gets very angry when he does mistakes. Although he has been very intelligent and topper in class.My husband always shouts on my me when I'm getting angry for my son's studies and then it leads to big fight. I have to look after daughter also and gets irritated at times. I'm only giving my everything to make my son a brilliant student and my husband ask me to be polite while I'm making my son study. I get very angry on my son when he does silly mistakes and does follow the schedule i fix for him daily. My husband and love each other very much but with son growing up and studies getting tougher I'm in fear of having more argument and fight with my husband

Doctor Answers (5) on Behaviour of my husband

Dr. Indrani Dutta Kolkata | Psychologist
Parenting is an art. Do not impose your wish onto your son. He is too young to understand the seriousness of study. Make study a fun for him, he will do it. If you think you are unable to control your temper, first of all redefine your expectation and take help from a tutor to reduce your load.
Controversy infront of him, is more damaging. Parental counseling, Anxiety management and behavior therapy for the child will be helpful.
Dear friend, ur logic is correct to u. But if ur son becomes stressed up will it b helpful for a long run. Mother is best guide always. So guide him according to capability of his age. Best wishes
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Do you think your Son should conquer your wishes and dreams which you didn't do????!!!!!!
Is this the right age  for  children to understand and follow the instructions of the parents? !!!
I can understand you love your Don so much . That doesn't mean you are the owner of him and he need to follow only your instructions! !!
Think about the kid ie. , your Son.!!!
Also in this drama you are not behaving and showing the love and care for the children. Your daughter is deprived of what she deserves.
I feel it would be better if you hv a clarity on parenting and leave your children to love their life which they deserve
For that I think if you meet a Counsellor you might have clarity.
Dr. Gaurav Kulkarni Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hii, the issue you are talking about certainly needs to be resolved. Your constant pressure and high expectations will have negative effects on Both your children. Take help from a psychiatrist or a therapist to resolve this issue. Do it on priority basis.
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
I understand I think because of the pressure are the studies you have taken it too much on your heart which is leading present situation at your home I suggest you to relax as much as possible as your son is just 7 years old and I don't think you need to bother too much about his studies right now since you are saying he is intelligent I am sure he will do something big I think you need to take some time and devote your husband also and not mix i two things.. meet The Counselor ..thank you