Became very lazy lately

I lost my job few months back. Since then I've become very lazy. I stay at home only. Don't talk to anybody etc etc. Please guide.
views-icons 183 Views bookmarks-icon 5 Bookmarks Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Became very lazy lately

Dr. Anjendra R Targe Pune | Psychiatrist

I won't go into the why's and how's of losing your job. I'm sure there a strong reason for it to happen. And sometimes it's a good thing to happen, because it gives us time to introspect, take a deep look at oursleves. Gives us a perspective on where we are headed in life. So utilize this time producitvely. Figure out things you are passionate about in life.

Now that you have had this break, and it's getting prolonged, think that it's taking time for you to get back to the field because you're trying to find your calling, the professional path that suits your personality and strenghts best. 

Losing your job should not stop you from socializing, going out or meeting friends. You have keep yourselves busy with something; a hobby, learning a new language, anything you've always wanted to do, but couldn't because you didn't have the time. Keeping yourselves occupied is the best way of brushing aside the negativity and lethargy that starts creeping in when you are idle at home. The old saying "an empty mind is a devil's workshop" is very true. If you sit at home and have nothing to do, your mind wil find ways to latch onto negative thoughts, which will further worsen your problem. So force yourself out of this vicious cycle and get going.

Start with activities you lke doing, work you like doing will automatically follow.

Good luck!