Bald patches on my beard

I had a couple of bald patches on my beard about an year ago. I consulted a dermatologist and he provided some solution which helped in growing the hairs back. Now the patches have started to appear again and they are bigger in size this time. What should I do? Is is possible to fix it permanently? Thanks in advance!

Doctor Answers (3) on Bald patches on my beard

Dr. Vaibhav Lunkad Pune | Sexologist
just take proper diet yoga pranayam running etc,aslo nutriton and skin consultation must
Hello, as my esteemed colleague has rightly stated, you have alopecia areata. Treatment options include intralesional injections, topical applications etc. Visit a dermatologist to get treated. Regards, Dr. Shruti Jadhav Devershi, Sólskin Professional Dermacare, Kharadi, Pune.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
What you have is alopecia areata. It is an autoimmune condition and is usually a 'tendency' of the skin. In your case, it's YOUR skins tendency so every time you get stressed (mentally or physically) etc you might or might not develop this patch in the future. So there is unfortunately no cure to this. But It is completely treatable.
Visit a dermatologist near you (allopathic) Avoid using the same medications as last time .
Read this following link http://www.skinmatra.com/#!Skin-Troubles-Here-is-WHAT-NOT-TO-DO/cmbz/5779118d0cf2d54ad62a8b1e