Bald patch on head.
Recently I have seen a bald spot on my head. It is small spot but I am very worried. I also have a severe dandruff problem. I have taken treatment in the past but it again comes back when I stop taking the medicines. What should I do now? Please suggest.

Dr. Prakash Kumar Khute

You have alopecia areata which is chronic and recurrent problem but in most of the adult patient it subsides of its own in variable period of time. It can be treated by many methods but we dermatologist follow some protocol s and recommendations before starting any treatment which depends on its extent. Your current problem is very limited so you can go for either intralesional steroids or topical mid potent to potent steroids for which you need to consult your nearest dermatologist who will plan your treatment accordingly.