Bald patch on head.
Recently I have seen a bald spot on my head. It is small spot but I am very worried. I also have a severe dandruff problem. I have taken treatment in the past but it again comes back when I stop taking the medicines. What should I do now? Please suggest.
71 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Prakash Kumar Khute
Dermatologist 7 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹100 for 24 hrs

You have alopecia areata which is chronic and recurrent problem but in most of the adult patient it subsides of its own in variable period of time. It can be treated by many methods but we dermatologist follow some protocol s and recommendations before starting any treatment which depends on its extent. Your current problem is very limited so you can go for either intralesional steroids or topical mid potent to potent steroids for which you need to consult your nearest dermatologist who will plan your treatment accordingly.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.