Bad breath

My mouth smells. It is so embarrassing when talking to frnd. I have read a article online that it can be cause by tongue infection. I think this is the same in my case. If I use tongue scrubber then it doesn't smell much. Please suggest any medicine or cream to apply on my tongue
views-icons 125 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Bad breath

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Halitosis(bad breath) can be an important social problem in which the standard dental treatments and mouthwashes that are often recommended provide only temporary relief. Oral malodor is primarily the result of microbial metabolism. The mouth is home to hundreds of bacterial species with various nutritional preferences. These organisms digest proteins, and several fetid substances arise, leading to bad breath. Oral malodor from the overgrowth of proteolytic, anaerobic gram-negative bacteria on the crevices of the tongue dorsum can be successfully diagnosed and treated.To reduce bad breath, help avoid cavities and lower your risk of gum disease, consistently practice good oral hygiene. Further treatment for bad breath can vary, depending on the cause. If your bad breath is thought to be caused by an underlying health condition,as we can't prescribe medication online as per law consult dentist or physician they will help you..