Back and leg pain .....

Hi,
I am getting frequent back & left leg pain after fallen because of numbness while playing shuttle.
Basis symptoms what I found is i am getting sciatic nerve pain.
So, please suggest some exercises to over come this and i can able to feel the nerve got stucked between the joint of my leg and body.
Thanks in advane

Doctor Answers (1) on Back and leg pain .....

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, Cold packs. Initially, you might get relief from a cold pack placed on the painful area for up to 20 minutes several times a day. Use an ice pack or a package of frozen peas wrapped in a clean towel.Hot packs. After two to three days, apply heat to the areas that hurt. Use hot packs, a heat lamp or a heating pad on the lowest setting. If you continue to have pain, try alternating warm and cold packs.Stretching. Stretching exercises for your low back can help you feel better and might help relieve nerve root compression. Avoid jerking, bouncing or twisting during the stretch, and try to hold the stretch for at least 30 seconds.