Back acne (lower neck)

I have acne problem on my back (portion between neck and waist) after applying coconut oil acne is controlled but its scars look so bad.What shoul i do to remove those marks?

Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Dermatologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Coconut oil will only increase your acne. It must have worked for you the first time but it might not the next. So avoid coconut oil as remedy for acne. And there is a difference between scars and marks. A dermatologist will help you diagnose and treat you accordingly. But for that you need to undergo a proper examination. Skin care needs to planned. Once planned properly you will get results.
Dr. Himanshu Gupta

Avoid using any kind of oil as it may cause aggravation of acne. Superficial scars may be reduced to some extent by applying medicines, but deep scars require Dermatosurgical procedures. Kindly revert back with images of the affected area for better advice.