Babys irregular sleep

Asking about my baby daughter 2 months old...was born in daytime...sleeps during day and is awake almost whole night...these days does not sleep much during day to...she feeds on plenty of breast milk n seems satisfied...feed time is almost every two hours or on demand...this problem of no sleep is affecting whole family...when will her sleep pattern change to sleeping at night...realize she won't sleep much but what should we expect...we give her colic aid or gastica for gas or colic...please advice us doctor as my wife resumes duty on 1st June...if this irregular sleep pattern continues we would have serious problem...please advice.

Doctor Answers (2) on Babys irregular sleep

Dr. Pranav Gupta Delhi | Pediatrician
This is a difficult situation for any couple. Unfortunately, sleep pattern of babies is irregular and varies from one to another. Since this is natural, trying to regularise it with medicines would be unwarranted. If your wife could extend her maternity leaves or if you could arrange some extra support from within the family, it would be wonderful. Just in case you are not aware, most private companies allow medical/earned leaves to be clubbed with maternity leaves. You can ask your paediatrician for a certificate stating that the baby needs her mother round the clock for some more time.
Mayank Rawat Ghaziabad | Pediatrician
The sleep pattern varies from baby to baby, and your baby is very much normal. Since it is not a disease, it cannot be improved by medicines. Your inconvenience is genuine, though. If you have any support of grandparents, nothing like it....