Avoid unwanted pregnancy
How to avoid unwanted pregnency using tablets. How safe it is.. is it require a doctors prescription & advice.??

Hello there..... ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES protect against pregnancy by the combined actions of the hormones estrogens and progestin. The hormones prevent ovulation. The pills have to be taken every day as directed and do not work after vomiting or diarrhoea. Side effects of the pill can be nausea, headache, breast tenderness, weight gain, irregular bleeding, and depression.... Consult Gynecologist for further advice.....
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, Emergency oral contraceptions reduce chances of pregnancy by regulating the estrogen and progesterone productions in your body. They have to be taken as prescribed by your doctor. COmmon side effects of these medications are nausea, headache, dizziness, irregular bleeding or sudden weight gain. For now, visit a gynecologist for further evaluation and treatment. You can also visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in Green Park, New Delhi along with your medical investigations for further evaluation. You can mail your contact details so that I can reach you.