AVN HIP STAGE3

Pain in both hips. Especially in the groin area. Have done an x ray n MRI. Please suggest. My doctor is saying to go for a surgery.
views-icons 25 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on AVN HIP STAGE3

Dr. Prashant Parate Nagpur | Orthopedic Surgeon
AVN stage 3 means it's already advanced disease. Now core decompression has no role. Best option for you is to bear as much pain as possible. Keep doing exercises. You will need total hip replacement soon. It would be better to delay the surgery as long as possible. Once you feel that now you can't handle the pain, go for hip replacement. There is no alternative to hip replacement. You are young guy, so choose best implants and go for surgery. If you can show x Rays and MRI them I can tell you more.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. AVN stands for avascular necrosis. Surgery is the best option. Take another orthopedician's opinion in you want. Regards
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi, The goal is to prevent further bone loss. Specific treatment usually depends on the amount of bone damage you already have. Various surgical options are, core decompression, bone reshaping, bone transplant, ... Joint replacement. If your diseased bone has already collapsed or other treatment options aren't helping, you might need surgery to replace the damaged parts of your joint with plastic or metal parts. Consult Orthopedician...