cardiologist-icon
ASD closure
I had ASD closure in 2016. I am 9th month pregnant now ..its a first pregnancy, can i go for normal delivery? Or c section?. I heard with normal delivery there will be pressure on heart . Please advise.

If your pulmonary artery pressures are normal than any mode is fine. If pa pressure are high than an elective cesarean section will be better. But there will be many considerations beyond your heart and so your Gynecologist will be best judge
Go for normal delivery if no symptoms
Since it's was there from birth and you just got to Know about it should not bother pregnancy See cardiologist before delivery and make you lady doctor to plan with him your delivery
echocardiogram will solve the issue
try normal delivery if any problem always can change plan be ready for cesarian in 5 percentage. good luck god bless you
Gayne people will advise No pressure on heart