Anxiety and obssesion
I have diagnosed with OCD(only Obsession's not compulsions), social anxiety, panic attacks. I visit a psychiatrist who prescribed me Sertraline 50 mg 1 tab per day after launch for for first 20 days , thereafter 2 tabs per day after launch for next 10 days alongwith CBT and exercise. I am a Chartered accountancy student. So I want to know that is this tablet cause memory loss? What are the side effects of this SERTRALINE? Which is the min period for which I must continue this tab if I start to take? Pls ans

Hello. Sertraline is one of the safer tablets for OCD. Side effects are similar to that of any tablets like gastric upset, acid reflux. Some people may have a mild headache for a few days. An increase in anxiety in the first few days may also occur. One of the very rare side effects is triggering of suicidal thoughts but i have seen one case of this in my 10 years of experience.  Sertraline does not cause any memory changes as far as i am aware. OCD is best treated with both meds and therapy. Meds will continue at least for 1 year but may extend further depending on response.
Talk to your psychiatrist clearly about your concerns as if you are worried about the meds, the efficacy of the treatment will decrease.
Please dont skip or stop meds without the psychiatrist's advice.