diabetes-icon

AntiTPO greater than 1300

6 month ago my wife was diagnosed with slightly elevated TSH(6) and asked to start with 25mg of thyronorm. Within 3 month the TSH level went down to 0.05 so the doc asked us to stop medicine and retest after 2 month. This time the TSH level went to 100. Doc suggested to do anti TPO test to check for auto immune disorder which we got result as greater than 1300.Unfortunatly my regular doc has left Bangalore so I have to restart with a new doc. Before I do that I wanted to check what does above result of anti TPO ? Anything to worry about?

Doctor Answers (2) on AntiTPO greater than 1300

Dr. Swapna Reddy Chennai | Diabetologist
hi, nothing to worry with anti TPO antibodies, this says that she has to take medicines life long. about dose see near by endocrinologist.
Dr. Nikhil Prabhu Mumbai | Diabetologist
It suggests autoimmunity (Hashimotos ). She may require to continue levothyroxine treatment for life long. Current dose of 25 mcg is not enough for overt hypothyroidism and need to be increase. Consult any diabetologist or endocrinologist in your local area