Ankle issue - Pain

I have been running for 6 - 8 mobths. I ran 10 km marathon on 14th Feb. Ankle started paining after that. earlier was using warm water, which obviously didnt help. 10 days back i started using ICE Bags. The pain vanished after that. but it has resurfaced. Please suggest what should i do. Also, do i need to visit an orthopedic or a physiotherepict.. or a stretching of ankles will help solve the problem.

Dr. Nilesh Makwana (PT)
Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello, It seems your ankle proprioception is not working properly, which is giving issues for you. Another thing is, you may be having lack of eccentric strength. Eccentric strength is very important specially for athletes who have long duration sport. You should visit physiotherapist for proper assessment for accurate diagnosis of the current issue. For eccentric exercises you can go to YouTube for videos.