liver-icon
Amylase and Lipase levels
I am suffering from acute pancreatitis. In the last blood test, my amylase and lipase levels were back to normal. Does this mean that I am cured??

Hello there ..... An attack of acute pancreatitis may be a one-off event. However, if there is an underlying cause, then it may happen again (recur) unless the cause is corrected..... Less commonly, complications develop and the situation can become very serious... acute pancreatitis is classified as mild if no complications develop.... In this case the outlook is very good and full recovery is usual.....

Normal serum amylase level