Amniotuc fluid

Hi..my sis is 28 weeks pregnant...her AFI level is 188 mm...she is very much worried ...is it too high and wat is the treatment for this ??

Dr. Pritam Prakash Sulakhe
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 9 yrs exp Pune

188 mm means 18.8 cm. At 28 weeks looking at normogram its absolutely fine. So keep worries aside Continue consulting ur gynaec with regular visits.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  A Amniotic Fluid Index of 8-18 would be considered normal and its expressed in centimeters.  Since you say 188, there has obviously been a mistake. It cannot be 188cms. Either its a mistake by you reading it or while typing. I would suggest you consult a gynaecologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 31 yrs exp Delhi
Hello, At 28 weeks of pregnancy, the AFI level seems fine. There is nothing to worry about.Do regular follow ups with the concerned gynecologist. If you are not satisfied with the present gynecologist, you can visit my clinic International Fertility Centre located in New Delhi that offers varied gynecology treatments and services ensured to make your life better and stress-free. You can also mail your contact so that I can get in touch with you.